- Data Discovery Tool
Retrieve astronomical data about a given position or object in the sky.
- Iris: SED Analysis Tool
Find, plot, and fit spectral energy distributions (SEDs) with this desktop application.
- Cross-Comparision Tool
Perform fast positional cross-matches between an input table of up to 1 million sources and common astronomical source catalogs.
- Time Series Search Tool
Discover time-series data from three major archives & analyze them with the NASA Exoplanet Archive periodogram application.
View a welcome and introduction to the VAO Science Tools from director Robert Hanisch:
VO Tools and Applications from Other VO Projects and the Research Community
Below is just a selective sample of the VO tools and services that have been developed by various Virtual Observatory projects around the world. For a more complete listing, see this evolving list at the IVOA Applications Working Group page. Prototypes produced by the predecessor to the VAO are still available at http://www.us-vo.org
- Monitor real-time alerts of transient events: Skyalert
- Manipulate tabular data graphically: TOPCAT
Query & cross-match VO databases: seleste
- Find & overlay images at different wavelengths: Aladin
- Make mosaics from 2MASS, DPOSS, or SDSS: Montage
- Plot results from VO queries: VOPlot
- Reduce, analyze, & display astronomical data within the IRAF environment, with enhanced VO capabilities IRAF v. 2.16
- Perform simple & sophisticated statistical routines on large datasets: VOStat